With Lewis is holding the reigns of major grand prix events right now, it is definitely true that all eyes are focused upon him.
He states that the total turnaround has been crazy, but at the same time, it might get changed all over. The title fight that ensued at the beginning of the F1 season this year has been crazy. Lewis Hamilton feels that he has definitely been able to fight and hold onto the titles that he gained. He refused to dwell on the lead or the engine penalties that were laid on. During the summer break that he is on, he is refusing to dwell on the crazy happenings that occurred on the race circuits a few months back.
Among the seven races he won six of them. This winning streak has led to a point deficit to his major rival, Nico Rosberg. He is leading over Nico with a total of 19 points. This stretches back to the collision that he had with Rosberg back in the Spanish Grand Prix. This event had taken both men out of the race. That was because Hamilton has tried to regain the lead when the first lap occurred.
Sebastian Buemi covered 82 laps as he returned to the cockpit of the Formula 1 car of Red Bull. However, it was not for any race, but for testing the new tyres being brought into the market by Pirelli.
The new rubber tyres are being tested as they are being designed for rollout in the following year. This is how the first day of testing was concluded at Mugello. The testing was done with intermediate and wet compounds. The test was done in collaboration with Ferrari at the Fiorano site. The tests were made by other drivers as well, such as Sebastian Vettel, who sat at the wheel of a vehicle that was a SF 15-T which is referred as a mule car. This was done last Monday and on Tuesday the testing was done by Esteban Gutierrez. Pirelli in this way concluded two days of testing. The rules were then mulled over with Red Bull at the Mugello site. Pirelli sought out reserve drivers and race drivers for the tests. The role was handed by Red Bull to Buemi who was a former reserve. He had driven a Formula 1 car at a test run that had been driven in Barcelona about two years back.
The murky court case between the Sauber F1 team and their former driver Giedo van der Garde has been resolved with the two parties coming to an out of court settlement to mutually terminate the driver’s contract with the team.
The Dutchman reached a settlement with the team following a verdict by the Victorian Supreme Court which said that he had valid grounds to stand on and his contract was binding as well when he was sacked by the team last season. But van der Garde decided to end his association with the team and said that his dream of racing in Formula One has now been taken away with the contract being cancelled.
The 29 year old driver issued a statement where he stated that the contract was cancelled by mutual consent and that his dream of becoming a Formula One racer is over for good now. The Dutch driver dropped his legal proceedings against Sauber F1 last week to allow the team to race in the season opening Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne where Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson earned their stripes for the team.